Monday, November 2, 2009

Progress Report: Good, good good good Vibrations... followed by sleep!

Week two brought plenty of amazing surprises; the first and most significant for me was my body correcting its dehydration issue. Have you ever had that dream where you are looking for a restroom and when you find one, you try to go to the bathroom but you can't? Or you go (in your dream) and you feel no relief? Then you wake up, check to make sure you haven't wet the bed, and run to the bathroom because you have to pee so bad? That is me. Every night for the last five years. Thankfully I've never wet the bed, but I do remember having this dream nightly for a really long time.
Or maybe I can describe it like this: You know that feeling you get when you've had too much water and you feel kind of "slosh-y?" I never get that feeling. I can and normally do drink half my body weight in ounces of water every day and will still be thirsty. I am the person in the group that goes to the restroom at least once if not twice when out to dinner. I had asked my doctors about it because it seemed to me a sign of diabetes, but they said no, going to the bathroom a lot is normal when you drink a lot of water. Dr. Beth says perhaps my body wasn't utilizing the water I was drinking.  UNTIL....
Drumroll please....
THE RAW FOOD DIET!!!!!!
I noticed it last Monday when I slept like a baby and didn't have the "go to the restroom" dream. I slept for 10 hours without needing the bathroom. This is a huge deal for me!!! HUGE!  I also started to feel "slosh-y", or even full after drinking water.
Other significant progress changes are:
I lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks. I gained 4 back over Halloween, but hey- who cares? I think 11 was too many for 2 weeks anyway. (I will address these four pounds and "fun size" candy in my next post... stay tuned!)
My skin is glowing. No joke. I've had at least 5 people comment on it in the last week.
Kevin, my husband, tells me the wrinkles around my eyes and the bags underneath them are fading. This is a pretty big deal for a chronic fatigue sufferer!
I started to feel an energy "hum" in my body. Call it a good vibration!
My thinking is more clear; I have more energy and more motivation to do things around the house.
These are the good things; I also feel I have a responsibility to mention the bad things that happened as my body was cleaning out toxins and replacing them with good nutrients.
The first week or two, my skin felt really scaly, itchy and dry. I also had some GI issues, had to wash my hair more frequently, and I felt kind of like I had the flu- achy, headaches, body pain, fatigued, etc. I asked Mia at the Zoopa event about this, and she calls it a "healing crisis." Apparently when she began the diet, she was sleeping 20 hours a night! Wow! I'm not sleeping that much, but my body definitely tells me that it needs more. Last night, for example, I went to bed at 8:30 pm. So, even though I am seeing significant progress in some areas and I know my body has sloughed off a lot of the toxins that were causing my dry skin and flu symptoms, I still need a lot of sleep. Jerrod Sessler talks about how you might have this kind of reaction when your body eliminates stored fat in your body. Since I've gained 30 pounds over the last year, I have a feeling that I've got some more "healing crisis" pounds to go. I'm not really worried about it and I'm not using this diet as a means for weight-loss; that just happens to be one of the many positive side effects. The most important thing is how I feel, and I can tell that the more good stuff that goes in, the better I feel. I can also tell that my body is getting very sensitive to what I put in it; for example- sugar will stop the "hum" vibration for a couple of days. Oh, hex on Halloween candy! See my next post, "fun size.... aka dung size."

No comments:

Post a Comment